1949 Chris Craft Special Runabout Custom Conversion. SR-17-1041 Hull number 29 of 726 built. One-of-a-kind conversion to resemble a 1930-31 17' runabout (226 built). Full restoration and
conversion at Norton Boat Works in Green Lake. Completed August 2014. No expense spared on conversion.
- Upgraded to West System Epoxy bottom (soaking not required)
- Fully re-fastened with stainless fasteners. Decks are all new with conversion to raised coamings and hatches.
- Full re-chrome of all hardware.
- New floors, celings, hatches, seat frames and uhpolstery.
- Has very rare flat windshield with new tempered glass and weatherstripping.
- Converted to left hand drive with correct four spoke steering wheel.
- Repowered with a GM 3.0L 4cylinder engine with velvet drive transmission. 140 horsepower.
- Acme propeller, new driveshaft strut bearing and drive hardware.
- New aluminum fuel tank, new Stewart Warner "Wings" gauges, fully rewired.
- Many other items too numerous to mention! ONE OF A KIND!
- Includes single axle Customline trailer.